Friday, October 19, 2007

More Plum Jam

I suppose you can tell from my numerous very exciting posts how exciting my life is. Hahhaa! Actually, making and canning plum jam is pretty fun...so much fun that I made up another batch of it. This time I picked yellow plums and used the fruit part as well as the juice to make jam. I like that it's thicker and has more substance to it than the jelly. It looks kind of odd, as you would normally expect plum jam to be a beautiful dark purple, but I can assure you it tastes great!


A nice bowl of yellow plums....




...And Wa-La! Lovely Plum Jam!



Especially good on fresh homemade bread!

2 comments:

Summer said...

Isn't it fun to see all the plum jan you made. what's your favorite kind? the yellow or orange?

Holly said...

hehe, you mean yellow or purple? I like them both a lot, but I think I like the yellow better because it is jam instead of jelly.