Saturday, August 8, 2009

I love a gloomy day once in awhile


The last two or three days have been building up to this. It was hot and muggy and the air felt heavy and I kept telling the sky, "Just come on and rain already." Finally the storm came and it rained hard all night, and then when I woke up it was a glorious gloomy Bremerton kind of day. That's when I felt inspired to work outside and fix up those tomatoes. I also like this weather because I can go outside without worrying about crazy bees dive-bombing me and buzzing around my head. They love to make their nests just under the edge of our roof, so they are always buzzing around on the deck during the day.
I hope you can enjoy a gloomy day sometime soon too!

5 comments:

Mrs.Goates said...

I love it. Your right a gloomy day in the middle of summer is just what I need to jump start me (which is funny because I think for most people it is exactly opposite!)

Unknown said...

you're such a washington girl, haha:) but sometimes it is nice, especially when fall first starts!

Granma Faye said...

Yeah, we've been having cooler, overcast weather. I'm liking it but I hope our sunshine isn't gone for the rest of the summer! I'm going to enjoy fall and that cozy time of year but I want to wait on that until mid to late September. It's nice to have a good cookie-baking day, though. ♥

Kaela said...

Me too:) Must be our Washington roots!

Summer said...

sometimes I miss the gloomy "stay indoor and bake cookie" days. or in other words, "our "no" days. :)