Thursday, August 20, 2009

Triops Update

It's kind of hard to get very good pictures of these guys because they're in a fish bowl that distorts the view, and they swim around so incredibly fast! They like to do back flips forever, and just swim around frantically most of the time. Sometimes it seems like they're looking for food and can't find the pellets I just dropped in.




They also have a strange fascination with the thermometer. They keep swimming up against it and pushing it around in the tank so I have a hard time seeing what the temperature is. I have to keep the temp between 70-80 degrees. I do it by turning on or off a little light that shines on the bowl.
I decided to name them Fred and George, after the Weasley twins because I can't never tell them apart either.

7 comments:

Summer said...

I wish I could see them in person. fun! makes me want to get some a try it

Granma Faye said...

That is just sooo weird! I don't get how they can be alive and growing when they were once in a package, all dried up and sold in the store! I'm gonna have to google them and read up on 'em. Pretty good pictures, Holly, and funny big names for such little guys! : ) ♥

Holly said...

Yeah, they are pretty strange. I found some pictures of really big ones when I looked them up online. Somebody was holding one and it was the size of the palm of their hand!

Granma Faye said...

I saw that, too. Creeped me out! They look prehistoric. Trilobite-ish. ♥

Ali said...

What?! They can get bigger? Crazy! That's too funny...it sounds like they have little personalities.

Unknown said...

that's crazy, make sure to keep posting pictures so we can see them get huge:)

Granma Faye said...

Nice new blog design, Holly! I like the sand dollar and star fish. ♥