Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sisters Cafe

I just have to share this blog with you. There is a link to it on my sidebar too--it's a bright pink box with flashing words. I have made a handful of their recipes now and they all turned out really good. I was going to post some recipes, but I think you should just check out their blog for yourself and try them too! Recently I made the "Grandma's Dinner Rolls,"...


...and Reece's Chewy Chocolate Cookies.


I made the chocolate cookies for my girls at church (Sunday lesson) and they passed the cookie container around three times, and then asked for more at the end of class. (Yes, I brought a lot that day.) I made the dinner rolls for a special Mother/Daughter dinner we had tonight for mutual, and after the dinner was put away the girls kept sneaking rolls out of the bowl to snack on during the other activities. So it passed the teenage girl test! I'm sure you'll find some things on their blog that your family will love!

PS. The picture of the dinner rolls is not good. She said on the blog that she baked them too long. Mine were a lot lighter in color and were very good. However, the pan of rolls that I forgot about in the oven wasn't so great. I wouldn't recommend baking them for 45 minutes....it's not pretty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good! Gotta figure out how to email this stuff.

Summer said...

wow, those look so nice holly. I'm going to start using that website for meal ideas. those cookies look so good!!