Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cute chocolate mouse!



A lady at church made lots of these cute little mice for a Young Women activity tonight. I thought it was so adorable. I don't like chocolate with cherries though, so I didn't eat any. But if you do like that, this is the treat for you!



It's just a chocolate covered cherry for the mouse's little body, and a Hersey kiss for the head. I'm not sure what she used to make the eyes--something like cherry goo.



And the tail is the stem of the cherry, and the ears are sliced almonds. So cute! I thought my mom would like to make these for something. It's a lot of meticulous little work though. I don't know how she made 50.
This would be a fun thing to put on Christmas cookie plates too.

7 comments:

Granma Faye said...

THAT is sooo cute! I'd love to make those but I'm not sure I want to spend the time. It looks technique sensitive and possibly very frustrating. I wonder how well the kiss sticks to the dipping chocolate. If you had three people helping, it could work out OK assembly-line style. Anyway, it's adorable. I wish I could do about 50 of them for Relief Society at Christmas. ♥

Unknown said...

my sister's and I were all talking about you, how awesome and crafty you are! I think your mouse is adorable, did you just buy the chocolate covered cherries, or did you make those too? That's so cool!

Holly said...

Oh, I didn't make those mice. Another lady in the ward made them. But thanks for the compliments!

Carrissa Hellewell said...

that is very cute! I love making christmas goodies so thats a fun idea. Thanks for sharing!

Granma Faye said...

OK, I've thought about this all day and I've decided I'm going to try making a couple of those mice. If it goes well, and doesn't take forever, maybe I'll make a bunch of them. Hey, Holly, you'll be here in a few days, wanna help? hahaha : ) ♥

Unknown said...

whoops I missed the part where you said the lady in your ward:) I only noticed the part where you were describing them, but my comment still stands, you're super crafty anyways haha

Summer said...

that is so cute!