Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Sisters!

Photobucket

I just got home from a fun visit with my sisters! Summer is going to have her baby any time now, and Wendy is due in January, so we had a get together at Summer's last week. We had a really nice time just taking it easy and doing fun things together.

We scrapbooked a lot...

Wendy scrapbooking

Played BLOKUS,

Photobucket

Ran errands and played with Ginger.

Ginger on her Giraffe

The first night I was there we watched Pride and Prejudice (the newer one). That's a fun movie to watch with girls.

Movie night!

I made matching baby blankets for Summer and Wendy with cute nursery story print on one side and then pink or blue clouds on the other side. I thought they (or Summer) might open it at the shower but they just wanted to open them right there. So it was almost like Christmas when I first got there because we all had gifts to open and trade. Well, and I brought the Christmas presents for Wendy's family so it really did feel like Christmas!

Baby Blankets!

Mom sent us all a CD by PLUMB, called Blink. (That's another gift we all got to open when I got there.) We listened to it while we were scrapbooking and doing things around the house. Then I listened to it all the way home (4 hour drive). And now I just want to listen to it all the time! I really love the music, and also it makes me feel like I'm somehow still with my sisters. I really don't like being so far away. If we lived closer we would have scrapbook nights and watch each others kids and just do fun things together all the time.

New CD's!

Friday night was Summer's baby shower. There was a really good turn-out! I was glad to see some of the ladies I met at the canning activity last year so I could ask them some more questions about canning. They were fun to talk to.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also drove up to "Lover's Point" and got some pictures of the beautiful view.

lover's point

Sisters at Lover's Point

The last night we went to dinner and met the Chandlers there. The tables were small so Wendy sat with Glen's parents and brother and I sat with Summer and Glen. Ginger had fun running back and forth to visit everybody.

Dinner with Chandlers

summer and glen

The last thing...Mom got Ginger this little purse. It was so cute! Ginger loved it and would carry it all around the house.

Ginger and purse

It was funny when she found her sunglasses and wore them around the house carrying her purse and looking so grown up. Hehehe! What a cute girl!

ginger's purse

8 comments:

Summer said...

Fun Holly. Thanks for coming down. I like listening to Plumb too....all the time. IF it's not on, then I have a song in my head.
ps. Thanks for the note! I found it later that day you left.

Ali said...

I just downloaded a song of Plumb's yesterday and love it :) You're Mom has great taste! Those look like beautiful blankets-great job! Sounds like such a fun visit...

Wendy Jean said...

I enjoyed your post, Holly. I'm glad you could come down and we could do stuff together as sisters. I wish we lived closer so we could visit more than once a year. More like once a week would be better!!

Granma Faye said...

Oh Holly, what a nice job you did in describing and showing pictures of those days together with Wendy and Summer. I also like your blog lay-out and new colors. Looks good! It was so fun to see ALL the pictures on photobucket. I'm glad you like the CD. [I can't take credit for that, Ali, as it was first Wendy who told us about it. I just secretly made note of it so I could give it as a gift later. :)] ♥

Kaela said...

This post makes me ache for my sisters. It looks like you guys had so much fun. Great post!!

Elizabeth C said...

Looks like you guys had fun, that is nice that you guys got to spend some time together.

Linda said...

Holly, I really enjoyed your pictures of your vacation time with your sisters. That baby blanket you made is really cute.
You have some great pictures of your time together.
Aunt Linda

Granma Faye said...

Oh yeah, Holly, I was going to say, too, that your blankets looks really good! I wish I could see them up close. They look so nice with the binding. The babies will LOVE that! Especially if they're little thumb-suckers! hahhaa like you were! Well, like all of you were, actually. The smooth satiny finish somehow just goes with thumb sucking. : ) ♥