Friday, November 14, 2008

More Applesauce!


When I went to Summer's house Glen and I got to talking about canning and making applesauce. I told him how I wanted to make some more chunky to mix with the super smooth we made, and he said his mom had some apples I could use. So tonight for the fourth time this year I made applesauce. The apples were a little bit old and kind of soft, so I cut them in large pieces to get the core out. Then I threw them in the pot with a little water in the bottom and cooked them til they were soft. I used some tongs and easily plucked out the skins of the apples. They came right off! That's a lot easier than peeling them all! It didn't work as well with newer and firmer apples though. I had a picked a few that were kind of wormy and gross, and tried using my new technique with them but it didn't work as well. I had to really pull the skins off...that was kind of a pain.

Thanks Chandlers for the apples! Now we have 8 jars of really good super chunky applesauce to mix with the smooth! Yum!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Glad you could use the apples!