Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Kids--Amended

At church we recently found a reason to laugh until we cried in Sacrament meeting. It was the primary program and all the kids were up there. There's so many kids that they overflow the whole front area and spill down onto the floor and front row of seats and off to the sides in front of the sacrament table...etc. We enjoyed hearing them sing and try to say their little talks. We laughed at the kid that sang extra loud and then got the words wrong and stopped singing for a while. But then we got distracted by this little girl across the aisle from us. She's super cute at about a year and a half. She has long dark eyelashes that look like she's wearing mascara, and pretty red lips. She just looks like a little doll! So we hear this little sound and then we hear her mom whispering at her to come back. And this is what we see...



HAhaha! I said I could hold her so her mom let her go and she ran to me. Greg was laughing so hard that he had to put his head down to hide the tears and red face. But she was so happy to sit with me. I hope our own kids like me that much!

I forgot to say the big reason why it was so funny. Because I've never even talked to her or held her before. I knew the parents of course, but the little girl hadn't really gotten to know me before. (And yes, Ali, her mom really is a doll too. I almost feel uncomfortable around her because she is SOOOO pretty) Greg drew this picture but I don't know what program he used.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Dolls want to be with one of their own kind :) No, I'm sure her Moms a doll too...that's cute though. I always love the Primary Program. Did you draw this on paint?

Granma Faye said...

HA...I love the drawing! Funny! Good job, Greg. Well, that cute little girl knows a good deal when she sees it! Your lap looks like a kid-friendly place, Holly. ♥

Kaela said...

How fun! I don't think there is a better compliment in the whole world than a little kid being drawn to you!!