Friday, March 6, 2009

Cute Plant

This is called a Fittonia. I know because it's in the cool plant book I got when I was visiting Wendy in Texas. I've really enjoyed reading through it and finding my plants, what they're called, and the best way to take care of them.


This is one of the plants that I thought was dead when we came back from a long Christmas vacation. I think I had somebody water it once or twice while we were gone, but it wasn't enough. It was pretty cold in the house too. Anyway, when we got home all the leaves and most of the stems were brown and dead! Sad! So I cut off all the dead stuff and watered it and took care of it hoping it would come back. About a month later, the day I decided to give up and throw it away I saw tiny little green leaves just barely poking out from the stem. I'm sure in another month or two it will fill the pot with those cool stripey leaves!

No comments: