Friday, March 6, 2009

Greg's Pants! Finally!

I was trying to make these pants for Greg for Christmas, but the couple days I had set aside to work on them (right before we left town to go to our folks) I got really sick and wasn't able to do much. I was so disappointed to not get this done in time for Christmas! It was kind of tricky getting all those pool table balls sewed on (applique) but I'm glad I did.


This is the front. I thought I was smart for making the band around the waist use the pool table ball material. I was trying to make the pants look more interesting.


This is the back.


I just love this material. It was fun to pick out and work with. It will be fun when I have kids and I can sew fun things for them.


I can't wait for Greg to come home and see them! I sewed them while he's been at school tonight. I tried them on and they fit me in a way that I think they will fit him well. (I put on another pair of his pants to see how they fit me, so I could judge that way while I was making these.)

Ta Da!!!

5 comments:

Granma Faye said...

Those are pretty cool-lookin' pants. Colorful! Looks like just the thing Greg would like to wear lounging around the house. You did a ton of work to applique all those pool balls on that one leg! I'm sure it felt like you'd never get it done. Good job, Holly! Good learning experience, too. ♥

Wendy Jean said...

Good job on the pants! I'm hesitant to make another pair since the ones we did together. Sewing pants has been on of the trickiest projects for me. You figured it out and they look good!

Carrissa Hellewell said...

Those are fun! Great job on them!

Anonymous said...

Great looking pants - you should make a matching pair for yourself except with the leg patterns on opposite sides.

Summer said...

That's fun fabric holly! You should post a pic. of Greg wearing them. I've never made pants before. good job!