Friday, March 6, 2009

Wandering Jew/Silvery Inch Plant


This is another plant I like a lot. I just gave it a hair cut. It had branches hanging down two feet out of the pot, so I cut them off and gave them to some friends so they could start their own plants. (I love plants that do that, it's so neat to just cut off a stem and stick it in water/dirt and have it grow another plant. It reminds me of star fish.)

Anyway, I just wanted to put up the picture because I was telling Wendy about it. It has such a brilliant beautiful purple on the underside of the leaves. It grows fast too! And you can tell which direction the sun comes from because within a day or two all the branches will lean way over that way. I turn the pot around a lot so it doesn't get the whole plant growing towards one side.

1 comment:

Granma Faye said...

I've seen these plants before but I didn't remember the brilliant purple underside. That really is unique and pretty. I like plants OK but I just don't have the same connection you do with them. Grandma was a real plant person. She was so good at gardening and having houseplants flourish. She was a very nurturing mama to me and to her plants. I'm sure you will be, also, to your children. Hahhaa, it's kinda funny. I was thinking maybe I'm more of a cute little critter person....except I seem to collect the ones that aren't live and take no care! hahaha Oh well, I still love to SEE the sweet little birds, chipmunks and squirrels. : ) ♥