Saturday, September 13, 2008

Cake



I made this yesterday as an experiment inspired by my Grandma's Black-bottom Cupcakes. It's pretty easy too! I just mixed up a chocolate cake mix and poured it in the bottom of the circle pan. Then I mixed a package of cream cheese, 2 eggs, a teaspoon of vanilla, and about 1/2 cup sugar. Then I added about 1 cup of chocolate chips to that, and then poured it on top of the chocolate. I actually used a ladle because both things are very liquid and you can't really spread it on top like frosting. Then I baked it for a long time at 350 degrees. Sorry, I didn't keep track. It kept taking longer than I thought it would, so I just baked it until it wasn't wiggly in the middle anymore...probably 45-60 minutes? You can try something like 40 minutes and then check periodically til it's done. It's very good though! It kind of changed when it baked, so it actually has a layer of chocolate, then a layer of the white part, and then chocolate on top of that. If you are really excited about chocolate, you can mix chocolate chips in with the chocolate batter too...that's very good as well.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Granma Faye said...

Yum...looks like a giant black-bottom cupcake. They're so good. You don't need frosting with them because the cream cheese center with chocolate chips is so moist and good. ♥

Summer said...

that was a good idea holly! I love those cupcakes. makes me want to make that.