Friday, September 26, 2008

Our New Apple Pealer Corer Thing!

We had been looking everywhere to find an apple thing. Walmart, Shopko, even the specialty kitchen stores in the mall didn't have one! So I finally found this one at Tri-State yesterday while Greg was shopping for his scout stuff. I was so excited to finally have one of our own!


I used it to make lots of apple slices and dehydrate them for Greg's scout camp-out. He loves taking those for a snack when he camps...and they taste so good! I tried sprinkling cinnamon on them this time and that was really good too. It made the house smell like I was baking apple pies!

6 comments:

Granma Faye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Granma Faye said...

Oh, thanks for updating your post to tell that the apple device is one you found and bought. (Just thought I'd write this so my previous comment doesn't look dumb. I don't want another dumb one on here! hahaha ♥

Ali said...

Oooh, I want one of those. I think they look so fun to use! Pretty red color too- so chic.

Summer said...

oh! too bad you didn't have that a few weeks ago. you should check out the applesauce maker. I used it and it works really well!! you can use if for tomatoes and other things too! really saves on time and isn't too expensive..around 35 dollars!

Wendy Jean said...

I'm glad you could get one. I wanted to get you one for Christmas if you hadn't found one by then. I really like mine. I use it almost everyday when I make the kids' lunches and pack their apples. Handy tool!

Kaela said...

I got one of those from my sister who got it from my mom, who got it from her mom I believe. It is SO cool. Thanks for the snack idea!