Saturday, September 13, 2008

The fruits of our labors!


Well, as you know we have a garden. We have finally begun picking and using our peppers. We made delicious fajitas with some of our bell and other sweet peppers, and white globe onions. So good!


We also made two batches of salsa (a gallon each) with our fresh tomatoes, tomatillos, bell peppers, gypsy peppers, giant marconi pepper, jalapeno pepper, sweet banana pepper, anaheim pepper, and again the white globe onion.


As you can probably tell, Greg really likes this salsa. It's great using your fresh garden produce because it tastes great and it's cheaper!

3 comments:

Wendy Jean said...

That's pretty cool, Holly. You guys have been really successful with your garden! Your salsa looks delicious. Wish I had some right now with chips and a little sour cream. Yum!

Granma Faye said...

Well...I just made a batch for the first time and I'm adding to the title: Fuzzybeard's Salsa to
Fuzzybeard's Latex-Glove-Gas-Mask Salsa. That stuff is POTENT! Next time I make it I'm wearing gloves because it burned my fingers, cutting up all those hot peppers. Also, I had no idea it would make you cough as the fumes get into your repiratory tract. Wow! But, it is really good and the guys loved it. I kept the seeds in the peppers so it'd be hot enough for them. Just remember to open the windows and run the fan and don't rub your eyes! That's a super important final point. : ) ♥

Summer said...

that should be called the coughing salsa. those fajitas remind me of texas and wendy and dustin. :)