Friday, October 24, 2008

Halloween Cookies!

I got some new cookie cutters recently and have been looking for a reason to use them. (They are pumpkins and leaves...I know, it looks like Christmas trees but they're not.)


I decided to make sugar cookies for mutual and let the girls decorate them for their treat. My sister also sent me these cool stencils, so I brought them to try out. They are a little tricky to use, but Greg figured out how to do it pretty well. I made some more cookies so we could decorate them too.

I did this one. The eyes got kind of goofed up when I took the stencil off. I tried to shake off the extra sprinkles, but of course they just got stuck on other parts of the cookie, so you can't really see the eyes very well. It's a cute face anyway.


Greg did this one. He spent a lot of time carefully placing the sprinkles in the stencil with a toothpick. It looks pretty good!



These are all the cookies we did. You can see the cool little stencils and my cookie cutters. There are about 10 different stencils to use.



If it weren't for all the orange and scary pumpkins, it would have felt like Christmas!

8 comments:

Granma Faye said...

Oh, Holly, your cookies are so pretty and they look so good. I want to eat one. I don't hardly ever make those anymore. I love the color of orange you got for the frosting on the pumpkins. The stencils make it look so cute! It's nice Greg worked on them with you. Fun : ) ♥

Anonymous said...

Cool cookies. I want summmmmm!

Carrissa Hellewell said...

That looks like fun!

Granma Faye said...

I bet the sisters I visit teach would like those better than the cookies (pumpkin chocolate chip) I just bought to take to them tomorrow. Ummm...I love the frosting on the sugar cookies. ♥

Ali said...

I LOVE sugar cookies and would love to partake... These are awesome!

Summer said...

yum! that makes me want to makes some sugar cookies. That's cute with the stencils.

Unknown said...

So cute, I'm going to try and make vampire cookies, I'll post them if I do it, LOL i get lazy about baking:) Halloween is so much fun!

Kaela said...

You always have such yummy and beautiful things on your blog!! I totally am craving sugar cookies now :d I'd make some if they weren't so much work... maybe I'm just lazy. I usually make sugar cookies once a year (usually Valentines day) but enjoy them SO much I really should try to do it more often:)