Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Best Honey!


I went to visit Summer, Glen and Ginger in La Grande a few months ago, and while I was there I noticed an ad in the newspaper for fresh honey. I thought that sounded good, but never got to buy any. So for Christmas, guess what I got from Summer and Glen? Honey! I guess the story is, this family moved into a house in La Grande and were annoyed because there were so many bees and they wouldn't go away! So they decided to make lemonade out of lemons, or in this case, honey out of bees! It is completely pure honey. The only thing they do is strain out the wax and sell it to you fresh! It is very dark and rich, and the flavor is amazing. I've never tasted honey this good! I made biscuits just so I could have an excuse to eat the honey. But hey, who needs biscuits? I could just drink the honey out of the jar! Yum!

4 comments:

Granma Faye said...

Ha hahaha....yeah, fresh honey is really good. It's cool how you can get slightly different flavors of honey, depending on where the bees frequent...clover vs. fireweed, etc. Isn't it neat the way we get something so good from a BUG! Who would've guessed? Heavenly Father has provided for us in so many neat ways! ♥

Summer said...

I'm glad you like the honey. We still haven't tried ours. That's so funny you could drink it. I bet winnie the pooh would love this honey!ahha

Ali said...

Yum. THat is one thing I'll for sure miss from Utah- Miller's honey. Purely whipped fresh honey -made locally too! Nothing like honey on some wheat bread for a good snack, huh?

Kaela said...

I don't think I have ever had honey like that, though I've always wanted too. What a great gift idea too:)