Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The King's First Journey

"When a false murder charge sends Jim Taylorand his family fleeing from an ernraged mob, they find themselves entrenched in a new world. Areane is a land of myth, infused with magic and creatures of legend, butit wuickly proves to be as dangerous as it is strange. Faced with assassins, black magic, and the Areane underground, Jim and his sister Diane attempt to unravel the dark mystery surrounding their arrival and their destinies; a mystery that not only threatens their lives, but the existence of a nation."

This on the back cover of the book written by Launa Sorenson...a girl in my ward when I was growing up. She started writing when she was 13 yrs. Now she is 18 yrs old and on the road to success with a few books published already! We stopped by her house while we were visiting my parents for Christmas and bought her book. I haven't read it yet (I'm in the middle of Twilight) but it looks like it will be a fun read. So if you're looking for a new book, I recommend this one! It is the first of a series of five. You can learn more about Launa and her books at LaunaSorensen.com.

3 comments:

Summer said...

oh yeah, I still need to make a post for her too. Hey Holly, didn't I send you the photo of you and Launa? I thought I did. LEt me know and I'll send it to you on hello.
Hey, you should do that questionaire that WEndy and I did. It would be fun to see your answers.

Ali said...

COOL to know an author personally! Thanks for the next read tip! I'll have to take note. That's amazing that she started so young.

Kaela said...

I remember the Sorenson's. Brother Sorenson was one of my favorite sunday school teachers. Launa getting published at such a young age is impressive! It looks good too- I will have to see if I can track it down and read it.