Sunday, January 6, 2008

Pretty Lights in Lewiston



We went down to Lewiston with our friends, the Cornwalls, and saw the pretty lights in the park. It's sort of like Zoo Lights, only smaller. The walkways had lighted arches with sensors, and they changed color as you walked under each one. There was also a big tree covered in lights that would flash in time with the music that played. My favorite part was the tree and the jump pad. We came upon this pad (about 20 X 20 ft) with lots of people (mostly kids) jumping around and looking at the tree. There were a bunch of "Magic Spots" where you could jump and make a certain part of the tree light up. It was really pretty neat. Greg and I ran around trying to race to find a magic spot before the other. It was lots of fun.
After that, we went to dinner at Tomato Brothers. They have the best pizza!

3 comments:

Wendy Jean said...

The lights looked neat! I like the igloo. That's a fun idea! Makes me think of going to the lights at Zilker park. I can't remember if you went with us to that. Those lights are pretty there, too.

Granma Faye said...

Oooo, so pretty. I loved going to Zoo Lights! That's cool to have the music coordinated with the lights. The colors are beautiful. I wish they would have had that interactive pad at Zoo Lights....but I suppose there would have been a million people on it and it would have been hard to get a turn. So fun to see, though! We sure lucked out to have a break in the rain when we went. ♥

Summer said...

I like the slide show. Maybe next year zoo lights will have their lights coordinated with music.