Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snow Day!


Today was the first day in 20 years that WSU declared it a snow day. Woo Hoo! I just heard on the news that school is canceled tomorrow also. Greg is dancing in the kitchen where he had been working on his homework (which was supposed to be due tomorrow). I could hear kids (well, college students) outside all day long playing and having a good time. Every once in awhile I'd hear the strange sound of car tires spinning themselves deeper into the snow.




The weatherman said we've had 63 inches of snow so far...But we usually get 43 inches during an entire winter! We're watching KREM 2 news, and they are sponsoring the "KREM 2 BIG DIG." If you see somebody digging their neighbor's car out or helping in some way you can nominate them to be a "KREM 2 BIG DIG HERO." Hahahah! What a title! Their first HERO today was an orthopedic surgeon who walked 5 miles to get to work today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to put some snow tires on my Pilot and come play in the snow with you! Wow what a cool snow fall.

Ali said...

Those are awesome pictures...and I thought WE were getting a lot of snow- wow...is all I can say, WOW.

Granma Faye said...

Wow, those are cool (COLD) pictures, Holly. Brrrr....I love the sunset pic. So pretty! Yeah, Greg's like a little kid with unexpected time off from school. Yipee!!! I'm like that when I get off work because of snow. Fun! Stay warm. ♥

Anonymous said...

Notice the big hunk of snow stuck to your door after you opened it. Wow. You should take photos of you standing in the snow to show how deep it is. It snowed here night before last for about three minutes.

Summer said...

I love that sunset picture. THe one on your porch is funny. The snow is sooo deep! hahahah