Friday, January 11, 2008

Spinach Chicken Dinner

This is another chicken dish that is super good. I think it's kind of fun to make too. I feel like singing, like the French chef did as he stuffed crabs in the Little Mermaid movie.

You just get some chicken breasts and slice them through the middle, creating a pocket. In that pocket you stuff a mixture of freezer spinach (thawed and water pressed out of it), Parmesan cheese, swiss cheese, oregano, Italian seasoning, and onion powder. I didn't really measure it...you can just put in how much you think looks good. I also added a slice of swiss cheese to line the bottom of the pocket in the chicken. Sprinkle Italian seasoning, oregano, and paprika on top. (It tastes good and looks pretty too.) I found it easier to slice the chicken when it was just a little bit frozen still. Then it's kind of stiff and doesn't just flop around all over the place while you're using a big knife.

Bake it uncovered at 350 for about an hour. Just check to see that it doesn't look pink anymore, and the juices should run clear. If you're really good you can check it with your kitchen thermometer. Add some mashed potatoes and something like broccoli or green beans for a great dinner! Bon Appetite!

PS. I'm always looking for new (healthy) dinner ideas, so if you have any let me know and post them on your blog!

3 comments:

Summer said...

Thanks for making those for us at Christmas. They were good!

Kaela said...

I will have to try this- looks like a good and yummy way to get my family to eat more greens:

Granma Faye said...

Yes, that was really a good dinner you made for us, Holly. It really wasn't hard, either, by the looks of it, me watching you. I probably wouldn't have done it just 'cuz I'm getting old and lazy. But, it was yummy. ♥