Friday, January 25, 2008

Bird Wars!

This morning I lay in bed wondering why I was awake. I was still so tired and it felt like somebody woke me up too early. Then I heard, "Tap tap tap! Squawk! Tap tap tap tap" This continued with the sound moving from side to side on the roof over our bedroom. A few minutes later I saw a large bird sweep past the window and back up to the tree it lives in. (We watch the birds out here a lot.) I looked out the window on the other side of our bedroom just as a puff of little soft black feathers floated down to the ground and settled near the other feathers that were already there. It seems like birds have designated our roof (specifically over our bedroom) as their war zone. I walked around the house and there was no tapping anywhere else. I wish I could set a bird trap to catch them or at least scare them away!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My father and I lived in a mobile home when I was a teenager. Shortly after moving in, we were awakened by the sound of several birds hopping from one end of the trailer roof to the other. Every morning - drove us nuts. Never could sleep in on the weekends because of the stupid birds.

There was also a fence about three feet from the backside of the mobile home Our dog, Prince, took to running back and forth along the fence, growling and barking furiously. After some time, we learned there was a rabbit who liked to run along the other side of the fence, back and forth, to tease the dog. We didn't kill the rabbit, though. Don't know why.

Granma Faye said...

Hahahaa, that's funny, Holly. Sounds like a territorial dispute. Critters, birds included, can really be a nuisance sometimes, particularly when they interrupt your sleep! When we were first married we had birds getting into the vent into the attic. There was little hole in the screen (which, of course, was above our bedroom window) and they would squeeze through the hole and chirp, making all kinds of racket. And, remember Wendy's bird story with the woodpecker pecking at the metal chimney? Everybody must have a bird story! : ) ♥

Summer said...

I have a bird story (raising my hand!) We have these stupid birds outside our bedroom too! We wake up to the sound of their stupid bird feet scratching around and crowing. At first we thought it was an owl. We looked outside and it's these stupid annoying pigeons. I could really use dad's sling shot in the warmer months. Lucking they are gone now. I spose it's too cold for them now.

Carrissa Hellewell said...

I find that the birds wake me up here too...In the early hours of morning I tend to wish I had a bird trap...but then I think..wait, what am I thinking...hahaha!!!