Friday, January 11, 2008

SNOW!!!



I recently began a new job as the manager of a mini storage business in Pullman. Part of my job is to walk around and check every unit to see who has moved their things out, if they left it clean, or to put an extra lock on units that didn't pay rent and remove the lock when they do pay. (This picture is only half, there's more units on the other side of the apartment...I think there are about 168 units to check)



Well, the weather has been pretty nasty with lots of snow and ice...So what do you do when you have to get around to ALL the units in the 6 inch deep snow?


(Good thing we had the snow plower come yesterday--right? It snowed another 4 inches this morning)


(This is the beautiful view out our kitchen window. There's a wheat field and water tower, and usually there's some kind of cool birds out hunting or deer early in the morning)

Greg hooked up this little car sled and we had a lot of fun with it. I drove, and then stopped and told him what units to lock or unlock. We made a great team. After the work was done we had a little fun and took some extra laps around the place. When it was my turn to ride in the back, Greg took a corner too fast and I flew off the sled. I landed and rolled in the snow, completely coating my body in a layer of snow. Brrr! Even though it was cold, we had lots of fun.

4 comments:

Ali said...

Way to be creative and make the job fun! You and Greg sound like quite the pair-so much fun. I really like that stool picture with the snow. :)

Summer said...

That video is funny holly. You guys did get alot of snow! It's actually snowing right now as I type. Glen is on Mt. Emly snow mobiling with his cousin. :)

Kaela said...

So fun! I want to play. I have missed snow this year:(

Wendy Jean said...

That's hilarious!! I'll have to show the boys. They will like that too. I want to try it!