Sunday, January 6, 2008

Snowflakes!

So, I forgot to take pictures at my little Christmas party...but I took a couple afterwards so you could see how my snowflakes turned out. I had been very careful to put the beads on perfectly in the right order so all the legs of the snowflake matched, but I found that they can be very pretty even if you just put random beads on and don't spend all night trying to make them match. My friends all asked me lots of questions about the details of how to make them--maybe because I was showing them a new thing and giving instructions...but I like to let people figure it out on their own too. I think part of the beauty of these ornaments is how unique they can be, and each person can be creative and bring new ideas to the table that add so much more than just the ideas I have.



I also took a few pictures of my Christmas tree. Brother Carter was so kind to bring me a tree that he cut down in the forest. I was able to set it up and get it decorated while Greg was out of town. It was a fun surprise for him to find the house decorated for Christmas with lights and a tree!

4 comments:

Granma Faye said...

I hung the snowflakes we made on our tree. That was a fun craft project, Holly. It's nice to sit around the table and talk while working on them. Thanks, Holly, for bringing the supplies to make them. ♥

Wendy Jean said...

I saw your sugar cookies and it makes me want to make more of my own! We got a late start to xmas decorating and eating treats. I feel a little ripped off. Maybe I'll make a little more rocky road and sugar cookies so I can eat them to Christmas music. :)

Summer said...

thanks for showing us how to make snow flakes holly. That was fun. Glen liked doing it too. I think his turned out better than mine.

Ali said...

I still have yet to try this project, but I printed it out for next year. What also looks good is those SUGAR cookies! I'm going to have to make some soon...those look delish! (and so pretty too!)